Hannah Brackenbury is a comedy songwriter and performer based in Brighton, UK. She writes original comedy songs as well as clever song parodies, and has released two albums of original material – Postcard from Brighton (2010) and Jumbled (2016). She has performed across the UK and reached the finals of the Musical Comedy Awards in 2016. She has been the resident musical director with the Short & Girlie Show (improvised comedy troupe) since 2010 and is now preparing a new one-woman show entitled Victorious – a musical tribute to the late, great Victoria Wood – to be performed at Brighton Fringe Festival 2018.
She loves Scrabble, all types of cheese, Saturday Night Live, lesbians, librarians, Derby County Football Club, barbecues on Brighton beach and making lists of things that she likes. She dislikes the i360, tiny horses and having cold hands and/or feet.
- “Great comedy combined with a talented songwriter” – GYA
- “A talented musician and funny lyricist, she will tickle the funny bone of even the hardest to please” – Zhoosh
- “A hint of Victoria Wood to her best moments… she has plenty of potential” – Bruce Dessau
- “She’s been described as Victoria Wood and Tim Minchin’s lesbian love child. She’s more than that. She’s Hannah, and her songs are both bloody funny and beautifully touching” – Latest 7 Magazine
- “Whilst her comedic talents will have you laughing, her musical ability will make sure the infectious songs get stuck in your head long after her sets are finished” – Brighton Lite