Hannah Brackenbury is a comedy songwriter and performer based in Brighton, UK. Winner of the Broadway Baby Bobby Award at Brighton Fringe 2018 for Victorious – a joyful and poignant musical tribute to the late, great Victoria Wood.
Hannah writes original comedy songs as well as clever song parodies, and has released two albums of original material – Postcard from Brighton (2010) and Jumbled (2016). She has performed across the UK and was a finalist at both the Musical Comedy Awards 2016 and Pride’s Got Talent Cabaret 2018. She has been the resident musical director with the Short & Girlie Show (award-winning improvised comedy troupe) since 2010.
She loves Scrabble, all types of cheese, Saturday Night Live, lesbians, librarians, Derby County Football Club, barbecues on Brighton beach and making lists of things that she likes. She dislikes the i360, tiny horses and having cold hands and/or feet.
- “This comedian is a class act… delivering her numbers with a charming, understated simplicity. When you have talent like this there’s no need for glitzy adornments” – Broadway Baby
- “A talented musician and funny lyricist, she will tickle the funny bone of even the hardest to please” – Zhoosh
- “Whilst her comedic talents will have you laughing, her musical ability will make sure the infectious songs get stuck in your head long after her sets are finished” – Brighton Lite
- “A hint of Victoria Wood to her best moments… she has plenty of potential” – Bruce Dessau
- “She’s been described as Victoria Wood and Tim Minchin’s lesbian love child. She’s more than that. She’s Hannah, and her songs are both bloody funny and beautifully touching” – Latest 7 Magazine
- “Great comedy combined with a talented songwriter” – GYA